Thursday, January 29, 2015

Killer Onion Dip

People ask me why this dip is called Killer Onion Dip.  Well, for one it has a killer taste.  Secondly, when you eat it, your breath will be... killer!  Trust me, it is totally worth it.  Just buy an extra bottle of mouth wash and dip away!

My mom has been making this dip for 50 years, literally.  When I was growing up, she would grate the onions by hand and then mix it all by hand.  That's too much work for my taste. So, I've modernized it and I use a food processor to get the onion just right and then blend it all together.  You can have those onions pulverized lickety-split (and with no crying)!


Here's what you'll need:
1/2 medium onion (you can use white or yellow)
1 block cream cheese
1/4 cup Miracle Whip (or light mayo)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 pinch salt



Here's what to do:

Pulse onion in food processor until smooth.



Here's what it should look like.  Pulverized juicy onion!



Add in your other ingredients:  cream cheese, Miracle Whip, lemon juice, and salt.

Blend ingredients until smooth.


Keep onion dip refrigerated.  Will last for about three or four days.


Enjoy your killer onion dip and don't forget the mouthwash!
-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!