Saturday, November 1, 2014

Spinach Dip

There are some people that are just chip and dip people.  I am one of them.  I love a good chip and dip.  So does my entire family.  This is a recipe my mom made while I was growing up.  She still makes it to this day.  Spinach dip tastes great with chips, crackers, and veggies.  You just can't go wrong with it.  Sure, I've seen the pre-made stuff at the store and it is good, but the homemade stuff is so much better.  The original recipe my mom gave me for Spinach Dip calls for real mayo and real sour cream.  I lighten it up a bit and use the lighter versions.  Hey, sometimes you have to make sacrifices!



Spinach Dip
1 cup light mayonnaise
1 container (16 ounces) light sour cream
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 small 8 ounce can water chestnuts, roughly chopped
1 package Knorr Leek Soup Mix

Mix ingredients and let chill in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.  Serve with vegetables, crackers, or chips.

You can serve it in a regular serving dish, or use a sourdough bread bowl.  Just cut the bread bowl open at the top and scoop out the bread.  Fill it with the dip and serve with items of your choice.  It's so good, people will end up eating the bowl!



Are you a chip and dip person??  Are you my people??  Either way, enjoy!
-Karen


Here's a creepy way to serve your Spinach Dip on Halloween!
Oh, and my husband wanted me to make sure I gave him proper credit for carving this pumpkin.
And here we are in our Halloween costume for the night- cat burglars!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with The Teacher Dish!